Highlighted

"could not complete your request due to program error" Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated from Photoshop 2020 thru Creative Cloud on Windows 10 to Photoshop 2021  and can't open any format of pictures, get this message everytime, even when trying to exit the app... "could not complete your request due to program error"

Go to Preferences and under Performance turn off use graphics processor. It worked for me.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"could not complete your request due to program error" Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated from Photoshop 2020 thru Creative Cloud on Windows 10 to Photoshop 2021  and can't open any format of pictures, get this message everytime, even when trying to exit the app... "could not complete your request due to program error"

Go to Preferences and under Performance turn off use graphics processor. It worked for me.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 3
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well. Is there any way to solve this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, none of the fixes I could find have worked as yet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is an overload. So many people trying top update. I will give it  rest restart tomorrow!

Happened to me yesterday as well. Today was better...very early in the morning..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning the graphics processor off and it didn't work.... I also uninstalled Photoshop and re-installed it, that didn't help either 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop again, re-installed it. Then went straight to graphics processor and turned it off. Closed out photoshop and restarted it and now it worked. Thanks Frank 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the Graphics Processor you are unable to use GPU hungry options or they work badly. You can't rotate canvas, you can't even pan an image smoothly... I wouldn't call that a solution 😢😢

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Te abre archivos pero no podes cerrar. Tienen que enviar otra actualizacion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me but, I am wondering when I need to, or do I need to, turn it back on at some point?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0