• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not complete your request due to program error" Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated from Photoshop 2020 thru Creative Cloud on Windows 10 to Photoshop 2021  and can't open any format of pictures, get this message everytime, even when trying to exit the app... "could not complete your request due to program error"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Hello, affected users should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well. Is there any way to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, none of the fixes I could find have worked as yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is an overload. So many people trying top update. I will give it  rest restart tomorrow!

Happened to me yesterday as well. Today was better...very early in the morning..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences and under Performance turn off use graphics processor. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning the graphics processor off and it didn't work.... I also uninstalled Photoshop and re-installed it, that didn't help either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop again, re-installed it. Then went straight to graphics processor and turned it off. Closed out photoshop and restarted it and now it worked. Thanks Frank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the Graphics Processor you are unable to use GPU hungry options or they work badly. You can't rotate canvas, you can't even pan an image smoothly... I wouldn't call that a solution 😢😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Te abre archivos pero no podes cerrar. Tienen que enviar otra actualizacion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me but, I am wondering when I need to, or do I need to, turn it back on at some point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same message the only difference is I can work in Photoshop and everything seem works fine it only appears when I try to use the Hand tool from the instrument panel or when accessing the hand tool from hotkeys. It is very frustrating! My graphics processor unticked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thanks. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried turning off the Graphics processor and it worked for me  Great advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, affected users should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

22.4.2 same problem still exist, had to turn off graphic processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines