• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not open “All.mov” because the video file could not be opened" in Photoshop 21.2.3

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using After Effects to create animations with a transparent background, export it with the Alpha channel and import the files into Photoshop to create GIFs.  All of the sudden Photoshop doesn't want to open video files anymore.

I've reset the program preferenes several times, uninstalled/reinstalled it, tried an earlier version and even gave the program full disk access, but nothing is working.  I've seen posts that this has happened over the years, but currently I find no solutions anywhere that works.  I don't want to change the format of the video because then I'll have to edit 150 images to make the background transparent.  I couldn't even open old video files that I had previously been able to open.

I'm running a Macbook Pro 16" on Catalina 10.15.6.  Any tips/tricks or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?