Highlighted

"Could not save as ... because the file is already in use or was left open by another application."

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!

This bug is causing me no end of stress. I am currently undertaking a digitisation project, scanning things directly into Photoshop and then saving them.

Every time I go to save a newly scanned image, it comes up with this error. "Could not save as ... because the file is already in use or was left open by another application." It is not possible that it could be open or in use as it was only created seconds before and hasn't yet been saved.

My current tactic is to repeatedly attempt to save until it finally lets me, but this is sometimes after 6-10 attempts. I have no other programs open apart from Photoshop. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with saving onto a mapped network drive.

If someone has a solution to this I'd be very grateful, as I'm going slightly insane. I've read a few other threads like this but none have offered a solution to my specific scenario.

I have had this problem in CS4 and CS6 on a Windows 10 PC.

Thanks,

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Could not save as ... because the file is already in use or was left open by another application."

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!

This bug is causing me no end of stress. I am currently undertaking a digitisation project, scanning things directly into Photoshop and then saving them.

Every time I go to save a newly scanned image, it comes up with this error. "Could not save as ... because the file is already in use or was left open by another application." It is not possible that it could be open or in use as it was only created seconds before and hasn't yet been saved.

My current tactic is to repeatedly attempt to save until it finally lets me, but this is sometimes after 6-10 attempts. I have no other programs open apart from Photoshop. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with saving onto a mapped network drive.

If someone has a solution to this I'd be very grateful, as I'm going slightly insane. I've read a few other threads like this but none have offered a solution to my specific scenario.

I have had this problem in CS4 and CS6 on a Windows 10 PC.

Thanks,

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

As you're not able to save the file, please try restarting the computer then try saving the file & let us know if it works.

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I have restarted and problem still occurrs. I think it is a network issue however as when I save locally it doesn't happen. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Sarah

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think it must be network. Solution/workaround is to save onto local disk and transfer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Photoshop 6--and it began after I installed MacOS Mojave.

Restarting does nothing, and no network issues are involved: everything is on my local iMac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve also the same problem with Photoshop CS6 on Mojave (MAC), the solution is to save on an external HD or on a USB key but is not so useful. Anybody have ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it's the ideal opportunity for you to move towards Adobe Illustrator, I trust that will work fine for you

Social Media Agency NYC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do you use Illustrator, but sometimes is necessary to edit a file that has been submitted by a customer to place IN Illustrator.  It sill doesn't work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is STILL a bug.  I'm tired of workarounds, I have to close and lose my work and then try again.  Please fix this Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1