• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not save as "filename.tif" because the file is already in use or was left open by another..."

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately(last month ish.) i get this error a lot when i edit pictures in photoshop. First i do the basic editing in LR, then i do the more advanced stuff in photoshop, and save the file, no problem.But if i want to change anything later and reopen the file in photoshop, about 50% of the time i get this error when i try to save it again. This is interrupting my workflow A LOT, as i have to create duplicates, and resync them into lightroom, making a new(2gb TIFF) file everytime i reopen a project in photoshop to make changes.Somebody please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving or working from an external drive? 

What OS are you working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out, i had set my cloud backup to monitor my HDD so it was "using" the files.... Changed it back to only do backup at night and then it was good again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines