"could not save due to a program error" after using lasso?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-I have a 2017 macbook pro with catalina 10.15.6. 
-whenever i draw in photoshop for long enough, it starts lagging when drawing and toggling layers, and i can't save or duplicate layers. 
-i can roll back with some undos to a point before i did whatever broke it and save then.
-specifically what seems to cause it is using the lasso tool, resizing, and duplicating layers.
-tried installing an older version of PS, doesn't seem to help.

-does anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"could not save due to a program error" after using lasso?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-I have a 2017 macbook pro with catalina 10.15.6. 
-whenever i draw in photoshop for long enough, it starts lagging when drawing and toggling layers, and i can't save or duplicate layers. 
-i can roll back with some undos to a point before i did whatever broke it and save then.
-specifically what seems to cause it is using the lasso tool, resizing, and duplicating layers.
-tried installing an older version of PS, doesn't seem to help.

-does anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 30, 2020 0
mglush LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This may sound odd, but I just recently read a post that talked about a firewall being the culprit behind a lag in Photoshop, and I was just wondering if you also are working behind a firewall? If the firewall is blocking the ability of your version of Photoshop to contact Adobe, it might be the cause. I don't have a definitive answer, but was hoping this might help. Let us know?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0