• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Do you want to replace it?" - YES. –Saves a copy

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing many problems with Photoshop on my iMac Pro after last update. Like this- When I save a file from Photoshop and I want to replace the original, the usual dialogue box appears and asks if I want to replace. I choose YES, and when I check the folder I notice that the original file was not replaced, inctead a copy was created of the file that was supposed to have replaced the older version. How do I Photoshop to behave properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue that I don't believe has been fixed. I believe that scripting is the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's a recent issue right? Do we know what caused it? Was it an Adobe update or a Mac OS update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was a recent update.  I've been frustrated with this for the last few years.  Here specifically to see if there's a solution... IMHO it's a ridiculous problem given how closely Adobe and Apple typically work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines