Highlighted

"Edit in Photoshop" is not showing Lightroom Classic edits correctly (Photoshop 22.0.1)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seemed to have happened over night. For some reason my Lightroom Classic edits are not crossing over to Photoshop 22.0.1 (or 22.0, I tried downgrading) when utilizing the "Edit in Photoshop" option in Lightroom. In the example images here you can see the difference. The bottom image (faded blacks and shadows) is from Lightroom Classic and what I want the photo to look like. Photoshop seems to be ignoring that aspect of my edit.

That fade comes from a custom profile that i assign in the Basic panel in Lightroom Classic. This has never happened before, and that profile has always worked in the past.

*i cant show the full image due to restrictions from the photoshoot.

Example Images 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by D Fosse | Adobe Community Professional

There's a known bug with third-party camera profiles/LUTs. This is what happens. The profile is not correctly passed on to ACR and into Photoshop.

If the standard/native profiles behave correctly, this is your problem. A fix is probably in place by the next update.

Oh, BTW - please insert images directly into your post. I gave up on your link when it wanted me to log in somewhere. And that was a special case because I normally don't click unknown links at all.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Edit in Photoshop" is not showing Lightroom Classic edits correctly (Photoshop 22.0.1)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seemed to have happened over night. For some reason my Lightroom Classic edits are not crossing over to Photoshop 22.0.1 (or 22.0, I tried downgrading) when utilizing the "Edit in Photoshop" option in Lightroom. In the example images here you can see the difference. The bottom image (faded blacks and shadows) is from Lightroom Classic and what I want the photo to look like. Photoshop seems to be ignoring that aspect of my edit.

That fade comes from a custom profile that i assign in the Basic panel in Lightroom Classic. This has never happened before, and that profile has always worked in the past.

*i cant show the full image due to restrictions from the photoshoot.

Example Images 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by D Fosse | Adobe Community Professional

There's a known bug with third-party camera profiles/LUTs. This is what happens. The profile is not correctly passed on to ACR and into Photoshop.

If the standard/native profiles behave correctly, this is your problem. A fix is probably in place by the next update.

Oh, BTW - please insert images directly into your post. I gave up on your link when it wanted me to log in somewhere. And that was a special case because I normally don't click unknown links at all.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By third party LUTS, I assume you also mean custom ones made via ACR?
I tested your response above and it seems mostly accurate.

1. A Native "Atristic" profile that coems with Lightroom Classic carries over into photoshop with no issues
  2. A purchased LUT (B&W) did not did not carry over, but other LrC edits did
  3. My custom CUBE/LUT one made with ACR did not carry over but other LrC edits did
  4. A separate custom one that combines the Purchased B&W one in point 2 and my custom one in point 3 strangely applied half of the CUBE/LUT Profile - It applied my customizations, and removed the B&W aspects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's it then. Just hang on, it's been reported many times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, thank you for the info!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0