• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit in Photoshop" is not showing Lightroom Classic edits correctly (Photoshop 22.0.1)

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seemed to have happened over night. For some reason my Lightroom Classic edits are not crossing over to Photoshop 22.0.1 (or 22.0, I tried downgrading) when utilizing the "Edit in Photoshop" option in Lightroom. In the example images here you can see the difference. The bottom image (faded blacks and shadows) is from Lightroom Classic and what I want the photo to look like. Photoshop seems to be ignoring that aspect of my edit.

That fade comes from a custom profile that i assign in the Basic panel in Lightroom Classic. This has never happened before, and that profile has always worked in the past.

*i cant show the full image due to restrictions from the photoshoot.

Example Images 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a known bug with third-party camera profiles/LUTs. This is what happens. The profile is not correctly passed on to ACR and into Photoshop.

If the standard/native profiles behave correctly, this is your problem. A fix is probably in place by the next update.

Oh, BTW - please insert images directly into your post. I gave up on your link when it wanted me to log in somewhere. And that was a special case because I normally don't click unknown links at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By third party LUTS, I assume you also mean custom ones made via ACR?
I tested your response above and it seems mostly accurate.

1. A Native "Atristic" profile that coems with Lightroom Classic carries over into photoshop with no issues
  2. A purchased LUT (B&W) did not did not carry over, but other LrC edits did
  3. My custom CUBE/LUT one made with ACR did not carry over but other LrC edits did
  4. A separate custom one that combines the Purchased B&W one in point 2 and my custom one in point 3 strangely applied half of the CUBE/LUT Profile - It applied my customizations, and removed the B&W aspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's it then. Just hang on, it's been reported many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, thank you for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un-marked this as "solved" as after today's updates to both photoshop and lightroom, the issue is still persisting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming that this is an issue for me as well. Is there any kind of work-around at this time? Things are fine if I stay in lightroom, but as soon as i jump to photoshop, my creative profile gets ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only workaround i've found so far was to do the following

1) instead of clicking "Edit in Photoshop", right click the image and there should be an option saying something like "open as smart object in photoshop" or "edit as smart object"
2) When in photoshop, double click the image in the layer so that Camera Raw opens up

3) apply your profile that you had in lightroom and change the intensity slider to match what you had in lightroom, if you changed it
4) Then you can rasterize the layer or (my preference), duplicate the layer and rasterize the new one.

otherwise, its still an issue that has yet to be addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines