• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export Save for Web (Legacy)" no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was upgraded to Photoshop 22.3.0 a couple of days ago & now can no longer "Export Save for Web (Legacy)". Every time I try, a popup error box says "This operation can not be completed.". I am running Windows 10. I have tried to research this online & have not been able to find an answer that works for me. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been reported toe Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.15.7 PS 22.3.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a PS 22.3 Wineo 10 issue them

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't people be using Export As...  instead of Save for Web anyway JJ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export As has only two metadata options - either "None" or "Copyright and Contact Info". I post my photos to a photography site where it's useful to include Exif data, like camera type & settings that were used. Save for Web (Legacy) allows you to do that, Export As does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek can Export As save animated gifs?  

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having literally the exact same issue. Pre-update no problem. Post update - frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, it will occasionally appear to finish, but just sits there apparently hung.  It's much more capable normally than the new export options and I use it a lot.  Well, I did.  The little hint to use the other at the top is frankly more annoying than helpful since you can't actually aport it.  Right now I'm going to lose 30 minutes of editing if I abort it, so hoping it will eventually come up and work.  

If I were the suspicious type I would think this was motivational slow down. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a different result than mine. I get an immediate popup error message, no hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, mine this time seemed forever, I just killed it after 20 minutes or so (and lost my edits).  A couple days ago used it and it finally came up after maybe 10 minutes of churning for the initial display.  I did an export as and it worked, but that is SOOO limited in comparison, notably as mentioned it doesn't seem to do gif's, which is why I often drop into photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that Export As doesn't allow you to include Exif metadata with camera information. As a workaround, I'm saving my psd files in Photoshop & then using the Export function in Lightroom to save the images with Exif metadata. An extra clunky step unless/until Adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me without problem with PS 22.3.0  Win 10

fuer_Web_speichern_01.png

 

fuer_Web_speichern_02.png

 

fuer_Web_speichern.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud app does not show any new updates available for Photoshop. I will check back later today to see if it shows up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 22.3.1 update showed up. I installed it & it worked - Save for Web (Legacy) Export is now working again! Thanks for fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can help me to fix this issue. Save for web (legacy) can't be clickedScreenshot (145).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @fafa5EAD  I have the same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, which version of Photoshop are you using? (versions after 22.1 do not have zoomify anymore) therefore you are not using 22.3.1 or newer...

what is the color mode of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 22.5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB/8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooiedag,  In your case, your image might be too big for SFW... I'd try the export solutions, but please know that your image is almost a the max width that the jpeg format allows (65.535px)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am Dutch, so would you please explain what you mean with export solutions?

How could I lower px or format? I am trying to create an instagram seamless multiple-photo collage... could I maybe lower the photo quality of singular images? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Exporteren als" in the same menu you posted.

I do not understand if you want to export evertyhing in one image, or cut it in several parts?

I think that IG limits the upload to 1080px... maybe duplicate your image, and lower the pixel dimension of the copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i want to export de slices that I used with the slice tool... which is only possible when using the "save for web" option. Exporting the whole thing is not a problem, i just want to export the slices so its IG ready!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines