Highlighted

"file info data which cannot be read"

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps 21.2.4

I have some images that when I open them in Ps I get the "This file contains file info data which cannot be read and has been ignored." dialog.

By "cannot be read", does this mean it doesn't understand what to do with that section of  the file, or some section of the file has stuff in it that it thinks doesn't belong?  By "ignore" I assume that means it just tosses it.

After changes and a save, a reopen doesn't generate that dialog.  There doesn't seem to be any harm done to the image.

How can I find out what it can't read?

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"file info data which cannot be read"

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps 21.2.4

I have some images that when I open them in Ps I get the "This file contains file info data which cannot be read and has been ignored." dialog.

By "cannot be read", does this mean it doesn't understand what to do with that section of  the file, or some section of the file has stuff in it that it thinks doesn't belong?  By "ignore" I assume that means it just tosses it.

After changes and a save, a reopen doesn't generate that dialog.  There doesn't seem to be any harm done to the image.

How can I find out what it can't read?

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm constantly getting the "This file contains file info data which cannot be read and has been ignored."  message too.  I can't use some of the presets like "Bright" and "Vivid" on these images.   Any help would be really appreciated! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a copy of or a download link to a sample image that has not been opened and re-saved by Photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some where I can upload it?  I can email it with a file link provided by Thunderbird.  It's about 70MB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zou must have some free space with your subscription in CC Assets. Why complicating when you can upload and share link from your storage which comes from subscription.

You can also upload to Google Drive, Dropbox which offers free starter plan and share link...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

I'm using ExifTool to read the metadata and compare to the same file re-saved from Photoshop:

exiftool -a -G1 -s -u 'path/to/file/here.tif'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
cos49 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Image::ExifTool and have the validate option set and I see this:

Warning (1) => Non-standard format (undef) for IFD0 0x02bc ApplicationNotes

But I have no idea what is setting ApplicationNotes and don't know if that is what is triggering the Photoshop popup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0