• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Oil Paint" not recognized in Photoshop CS6.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone ...
I have Photoshop CS6 ... and have all the suggested settings for using the Oil Paint filter. BUT the filter does NOT show up in Stylize as suggested. It is in the upper partition in a category of its own. Whenever I try to use an action that requires the oil paint filter it goes half way through (constantly saying it cannot find "oil paint" throughout that time) and then crashes Photoshop. I have OpenGL enabled, RGB and 8 bit. I've used Photoshop since 1990.

I found "Oil Paint" in the required>Plug-ins>filters folder.  But None of my Action sets recognizes it and keeps saying it can't find it and eventually crashes my Photoshop session.  

Thank you
Boni
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BoniAmazon wrote:
the filter does NOT show up in Stylize as suggested.

Hi 

As I recall, in PS CS6, Oil Paint was in Filter > Oil Paint. In PS 2014, Oil Paint was removed on purpose, and it was returned (possibly in CC2015.) I think they changed in under the hood, but they definitely moved it to Filter > Stylize > Oil Paint.

Are the actions you are using ones that you wrote or ones that you purchased?

Does Oil Paint work for you if you use it directly and not as part of an action that may have been written for a newer version?

What is the error message you are getting?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try to delete (rename) the "Adobe Photoshop X64 CS6 Prefs.psp" and "PluginCache.psp" files in the Photoshop settings folder ("C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\")

What is the exact version of Photoshop?

Is the "Oil Paint 13.0" plugin listed in the System Info list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines