• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error" when creating a new file

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a problem since I changed my RAM from 8GB to 16GB; they are working correctly overall.

The thing is that when I try to create a new file in Photoshop it opens a window "Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error". Whenever I change the usage of RAM in Performances then it goes just fine. But if I close Photoshop and then re-open it then it will give me the same error. It also happened that this error occurred when I was trying to even close Photoshop.
I tried to uninstall the program and then it gave me "error 184". I manage to fix it by rebooting the computer and installing it again, but the "Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error" problem appears again.

What shall I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you are using latest version of Photoshop then this may be a bug try to use 2020 version see if you face same problem or not ?

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having many similar issues after updating...nothing seems to be working right. My layers keep randomly disappering when I try to move them, and half the time I get a save or export error. How do I revert to the 2020 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines