• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Photoshop detected an error in your display processor" - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Graphics Processor settings, the "Use Graphics Processor" and "Advanced Settings" buttons are grayed out. When I hover over this area, it says that there is an error in my display driver, and that I should update or reinstall my driver.

ouisamus_3-1604524360336.png

My driver is fully updated and I've tried reinstalling it, like Photoshop recommends. I also set photoshop.exe and sniffer.exe to use the High-performance NVIDIA processor through the NVIDIA control panel.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized I forgot to specify my Photoshop version - I'm using Photoshop CC 2021 (22.0).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to be a problem with docking station. When I have any additional monitors plugged into my dock, Photoshop reports errors with my display driver. But when I have a monitor plugged directly into my laptop, or no additional monitors plugged in at all, it works fine. I'm using a Dell D3100 display dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on a fix for this? I've found a work-around that if you unplug your docking station, launch Photoshop, then plug it back in it'll work. But that's not a long-term solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your main display the laptop screen. Then you won't need to unplug from the dock. We are wanting a fix that makes it so we don't have to set the laptop as the main display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue, albeit I'm connecting a second screen via an Anker hub. And the problem is not solved by disconnecting the hub and restarting Photoshop; I still get the same error message referred to at the start of this thread. Anybody got any further ideas about how to solve this one? I've installed the latest Studio driver for the GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Hi sir when I'm using Photoshop 2021 in my laptop,i am facing many issue like, lagging,file crashing,performing so slow 
  2. And I have a victus ryzen 5 and processor.
  3. Ram --8 
  4. Rom-512
  5. 1650graphic card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in an IT department for an enigineering firm and have encountered this issue since the Spring 2020 Windows update.  After that update many of our programs began having weird graphics issues, not just photoshop or adobe products.  They would run slow, freeze, or not even open up.  Our laptops have dual video cards in them, an onboard Intel driver and then a larger NVIDIA card.  The issue only occurs once the laptop is plugged into a docking system and it adds a Displaylink driver or adapter.  It seems windows or each of these programs has a hard time translating or picking which of the 3 different display adapters to use, so it often chose to use none of them...the Intel, NVIDIA, and the DisplayLink.  For a while the fix was to just backdate the Intel video driver.  In about Nov-Dec we found that the simplest fix is just to make the Laptop screen your main display.  This made not only Adobe products run right again but a few other engineering programs we use as well.  This has led me to believe the cause is Windows related, but i believe the Products need to be updated to adapt to whatever change Windows made in that past Feature update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines