• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Photoshop encountered a problem with the graphic driver" after update to 22.3.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a pretty old PC with the below specs:

Core i5-2400, 24 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB, operating on Win 10 64 bit.

I haven't had any problems until the most recent PS update 22.3.1. I noticed the problem when I entered the "form" tool and it did not recognize any faces. There is an exclamation mark next to the "face" options saying this requires GPU acceleration (sorry if I mix the English terms up, but I hope you know what I mean - I am using a different language version). So I entered edit>preferences>performance. The GPU acceleration box is not "ticked" and is grayed out (says "Nvidia GTX 550 Ti" next to it, but you cannot "tick" it). I tried reseting settings, removing the "sniffer.exe" file from the PS installation folder, disabling the graphics card, re-installing divers - to no avail.

I noticed that PS in general does work a bit slower than it used to after the update (probably because it turned off GPU acceleration).

No problems with GPU acceleration in Lightroom- there all is supported (maybe because there was no update recently:).

I'd be grateful for any further tips on how to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De-graded to 22.2.0 and all's back to normal. Hope Adobe fix this problem and turning off GPU acceleration for older PCs is not a permanent and intentional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, and used the same solution to solve it. back to 22.3.0 waiting for a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines