"Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver...

... and  has temporaly disabled enhancements which use graphic hardware.

Check the manufacturer's website for the latest software"

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 12.17.56.png

This is a R9 M380 2Gb video card. Late 2015 iMac
I didin¡t find any update at Radeon™ R9 Series Laptop Graphics Cards | AMD

Adobe Community Professional
Correct Answer by Chuck Uebele | Adobe Community Professional

Sometimes the card doesn't send the required information to Photoshop. I believe, PS doesn't rely on just OS specs, but actually needs feedback directly from the graphics card. There is a GPU sniffer that does this, and sometimes it gets errors. I get that on my computers on occasion, especially if my battery is low. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

"Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver...

... and  has temporaly disabled enhancements which use graphic hardware.

Check the manufacturer's website for the latest software"

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 12.17.56.png

This is a R9 M380 2Gb video card. Late 2015 iMac
I didin¡t find any update at Radeon™ R9 Series Laptop Graphics Cards | AMD

Adobe Community Professional
Correct Answer by Chuck Uebele | Adobe Community Professional

Sometimes the card doesn't send the required information to Photoshop. I believe, PS doesn't rely on just OS specs, but actually needs feedback directly from the graphics card. There is a GPU sniffer that does this, and sometimes it gets errors. I get that on my computers on occasion, especially if my battery is low. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: "Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver...

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 26, 2016

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines