"Save As" and "Save Optimized For Web" - Maintaining extension name

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent PS ver. upgrade (22.1), I noticed that when I "Save As", the file name window appears with the entire file name and extension highlighted. It used to only highlight the name and not the extension, allowing me to tytpe in a name and save it. This new default requires me to type in extensions manually (.jpg, .gif, .psd...etc).

This also happens when I "Save For Web". Even when I select the file type (ie: .jpg), when it takes me to the "Save Optimized As" window - the full name + extension comes up highlighted.

If I forget and just start typing the file name (due to years of doing it this way), the files are saved incorrectly without extension. This habit has cost me a great deal of time this past few weeks. 

How do I set Photoshop to default to the file name highlighted, but not the extension?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Save As" and "Save Optimized For Web" - Maintaining extension name

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a recent PS ver. upgrade (22.1), I noticed that when I "Save As", the file name window appears with the entire file name and extension highlighted. It used to only highlight the name and not the extension, allowing me to tytpe in a name and save it. This new default requires me to type in extensions manually (.jpg, .gif, .psd...etc).

This also happens when I "Save For Web". Even when I select the file type (ie: .jpg), when it takes me to the "Save Optimized As" window - the full name + extension comes up highlighted.

If I forget and just start typing the file name (due to years of doing it this way), the files are saved incorrectly without extension. This habit has cost me a great deal of time this past few weeks. 

How do I set Photoshop to default to the file name highlighted, but not the extension?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2020 0

Have something to add?