Highlighted

"Save for Web" giving wrong file type and weight on preview

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

Since the latest update I've been having problems with "Save for Web" dialog window. Let's say I want to save a file to JPEG but the dialog window always shows me parameters for GIF file. Whenever I change the file type (to PNG, GIF, WBMP) parameters for GIF stay the same. Even if I change settings to (for ex.) JPEG, quality 50, etc. it will show me info for GIF file. It really messes my work because sometimes I have to save files to specific type and specific weight. Anybody got a solution? 

Community Beginner
Correct answer by m_koby | Community Beginner

Reinstalling entire app helped. 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Save for Web" giving wrong file type and weight on preview

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

Since the latest update I've been having problems with "Save for Web" dialog window. Let's say I want to save a file to JPEG but the dialog window always shows me parameters for GIF file. Whenever I change the file type (to PNG, GIF, WBMP) parameters for GIF stay the same. Even if I change settings to (for ex.) JPEG, quality 50, etc. it will show me info for GIF file. It really messes my work because sometimes I have to save files to specific type and specific weight. Anybody got a solution? 

Community Beginner
Correct answer by m_koby | Community Beginner

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the settings issue. Which Photoshop version do you have installed? You may try reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and let us know if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

My version is 21.2.4.

I've noticed that if I select GIF in "Save for Web" and change the file settings the preview window doesn't change at all. 

Whenever I change colors, transparency, web snap, etc. I don't get any visible changes in the preview window.... Nothing happens... And these settings stay for any other file type. So like I said: if I select JPEG and try to change its settings nothing changes as for the preview and file info. If I select PNG and do the same thing nothing changes... And so on and so on. 

Reseting preferences didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, have you tried File > Export > Export As? 

I think that's nowadays (usually) a much better option than Save for Web, except when you're exporting an animated GIF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the case unfortunately. I need to see the size, type, preview, etc. of my file and have abaility to change its settings (like converting colors, quality, etc.) when I'm saving it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ability* 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0