• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and reinstalled just photoshop, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything from adobe twice, I've verified the files and still only Premiere Pro opens for me but Photoshop will not. These are the only two programs that I use and I use them for my work as a content creator and freelance artist. I would really appreciate help soon, thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstall and reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner Tool? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Are you using Windows 10? The most current release of Photoshop is not compatible with Windows version prior to 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error "Photoshop.exe - Application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
Click OK to close the application", when I try to open the latest version of PS. I have also tried to roll it back and installed previous versions but this has not solved the problem. Must say I have a bit older PC with Windows 10. It seems that PS requires the newest PC technology. Obviously I have no reason to pay for this service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed that PS version 21.2.4 works. Shortly the last version of 21 will be unsupported. As far as my computer is concerned, I bought the processor and the motherboard about ten years go, so they are not terrible old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Same Issue! any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back solved my issue on my old pc and I had to get a new one after
that one gave up the ghost. I think my issue before was because the pc I
had was from 2005 (I have no money so I work with what I have) but I hope
that we can find a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like thats only option for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too!. New reformated hard drive with nothing really on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gosh I'm so tired with this!!! It's really nesseccesary for school cuz I have Design class. Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines