• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"there isn't enough room to display this document"

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished installing the Jan 23 Photoshop CC update, reopened the program, and attempted to open a simple JPG file.  I rec'd the error message:  "There isn't enough room to display this document."   What's that supposed to mean?  Then I tried to create a new document and rec'd this message:  "Could not create a new document.  There isn't enough room to display this document."     My system runs Windows 10, has 64GB of RAM, 2T hard drives with adequate space for scratch disks.  I normally have very few problems with Photoshop -- but this is a new one and is preventing me from getting any work done this afternoon.  Have not yet tried resetting preferences as I am unsure that will solve the problem.  I did restart the computer after discovering the problem but that didn't seem to have an effect. 

Advise is appreciated, especially info on how to rollback to the pre-updated version.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the solution. It doesn't really fix the bug. It's only temporary way for those having their own workspaces before I hope problem will be gone with next update. It can be useful though for people who don't mind to work with workspaces that don't fit their expectations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has finally worked for me was to move the tool column to its original left side of the screen location.  I like to have it on the right (I'm extremely right handed) and I can still have it there if I tweak its location until I find something that Photoshop likes.  I only discovered this after I'd done a rollback of an update installation and had to reinstall most of my presets.  (reminder:  back up everything)   Occasionally, still, if I fool with the size or location of panels that result in the shifting of the tool column's location, I still get the error, but moving the tool column somewhere the program likes fixes it again.  PITA but much less painful than most of the other "solutions" that have been presented here especially by the Adobe staff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the solution is only one if you don't want to downgrade to 19.1 where that still worked fine. Before they fix it with some future update finally we can dock our Tools Bar to left / right workspace Edge, However it may be docked to other panel on the condition that panel is docked (to other panel(s) that is docked to) left/right edge. Everything you want to know what I found about you find following reply 41 of this theard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took a gamble and installed the new update, 19.1.3, and viola! Everything seems to be working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it doesn't work in 19.1.3 still like it should. It seems only... When you relocate Tools Bar your problem will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sigh.  Waiting impatiently for the fix that has been promised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They 'promised' to fix it with another (19.1.4) update that seems to come very shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3 months if finally works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for fixing the problem!  I don't know if Adobe realizes what an issue that bug created for me.  I'm an event photographer and I often have thousands of photos to edit.  I like to bring them into Photoshop for certain tweaks.  Consequently, I have a workflow and have performed certain mouse movements for years.  To have to abruptly change this workflow and find workarounds was more than a minor inconvenience, it was a major aggravation that greatly reduced productivity.  The only good that came out of it was that it forced me to learn shortcut keys.  I'm so glad to have my preferred workflow back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue on a Mac with Ps v25 when I ask LrC v13 to open in Ps 2024 as a smart object.

I have received both warnings;

1. Could not open...

2. Could not open, don't open as tabs...

I have uninstalled v25 and reinstalled it and the problem persists.
This is so frustrating, I still have to use v24 and the Ps Beta to get the same functionality as others have in v25.

This must be a rare bug since there are not many upvotes on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines