Highlighted

Random Canvas Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My canvas is randomly freezing while I'm working on it.  It happens multiple times a day.  If it close the document and reopen it works again. 

The frame of the canvas can be moved, but the image is frozen inside.  If I minimize and open again the image is all gray. There doesn't seem to be a specific action or tool that causes it to freeze.

I'm able to save the document and it's not corrupted, but any strokes or actions i did while the canvas was frozen are saved. 

I use an Intuos pro medium tablet.

Other people have this issue but I haven't found a solution that works.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, Wacom and Nvidia drivers, tried all the various performance and graphics processor settings, as well as resetting preferences.

Any ideas?

Update- I purchased a new wacom tablet and I haven't had the issue since.  My old tablet was the Intuos pro medium model PTH-651.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Random Canvas Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My canvas is randomly freezing while I'm working on it.  It happens multiple times a day.  If it close the document and reopen it works again. 

The frame of the canvas can be moved, but the image is frozen inside.  If I minimize and open again the image is all gray. There doesn't seem to be a specific action or tool that causes it to freeze.

I'm able to save the document and it's not corrupted, but any strokes or actions i did while the canvas was frozen are saved. 

I use an Intuos pro medium tablet.

Other people have this issue but I haven't found a solution that works.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, Wacom and Nvidia drivers, tried all the various performance and graphics processor settings, as well as resetting preferences.

Any ideas?

Update- I purchased a new wacom tablet and I haven't had the issue since.  My old tablet was the Intuos pro medium model PTH-651.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sit with the exact same problem! 

I got one fix tho, but it will make you unable to do other stuff in photpshop. So wont really call it a fix... just a ... "for now thing" aka how Adobe fix it,quick. 

If you go under performance and check off the Graphic processer, it will stop the freezing. 
But it will be laggier, not smooth at all, lines will become rather pixelated when you zoom out and you will be unable to rotate the canvas. 

If this "My old tablet was the Intuos pro medium model PTH-651" is the reason im gonna flip a table. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
MrJoshua LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definetly gave that a try and it didn't work for me. 

I got the intuos pro pth-660 - but I have had the canvas freezing issue a few times since.  Just not every 40 minutes like before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tablet did you buy? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0