Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random transparent pixels at the edge of images in photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an image I'm working in on photoshop, I've perfected it apart from when I go to export it there are random transparent pixels at the

edge of images that have a layer mask. See below:

Even when I export these pixels are there. Any advice as to how to remove them? thanks

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a layer mask is masking these pixels fix the layer mask.  Post the PSD so we can see the layer mask.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering, it's not the layer mask causing the pixels - the layer mask is just a square.

I've got a solid square layer mask on 50 full resolution 21mp photos, I wonder if the size of it could be causing it? I would post the PSD but its over 400mb.

I've tried rasterizing the layers but it makes no difference. It's happening on a lot of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's too late to answer this, but I just had this same problem and after a couple of painful hours of trying to figure this out, I discovered the problem was that somehow I accidentally switched the blending mode to dissolve. Switching it back to Pass Through fixed the problem. Maybe this info will help someone else in the future with the same problem.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines