• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rare problem!

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm really after your help for my elderly Dad. He's a cartoonist and since 2003 has been using a CD-ROM (!!!) version of photoshop on his imac G4. He barely scrapes the surface with its capabilities. However...understandably the G4 iMac is struggling a little now and I want to give him my macbook pro (2013). Quesiton: Can he move photoshop over seamlessly? Will he need the serial code or similar? Or will he be forced to pay subscription for it? Any help on this would be great - don't want him to have to move to another product. Thanks in advance...Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions before CS4 cannot be authenticated and are effectively dead. With a G4, he was probably using CS3 or earlier.

The best bet for a 2013 MacBook Pro is macOS Mojave 10.14 (NOT Catalina) and a $10/month subscription to the Photo plan. You could also look at Photoshop Elements instead of the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for the reply. I thought as much. Photoshop Elements actually looks like it will fit the bill very well. The macbook he will be using it on Catalina though and some minor compatability issues seem to be floating around. Though from looking at what those are, I dont think will be an issue. Could be the most seamless way of transitioning to newer hardware for him. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines