Highlighted

Raster to Vector

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have illustrator but my base SW from illustrator 8 is lost so no updates are working

i have my purchased Photoshop CS6 as my primary work SW

I am working on modified Jorge that can be enlarged from a few inches to maybe 5ftx10ft so very much need vectorized files. 

How can I do that without my illustrator

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Raster to Vector

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have illustrator but my base SW from illustrator 8 is lost so no updates are working

i have my purchased Photoshop CS6 as my primary work SW

I am working on modified Jorge that can be enlarged from a few inches to maybe 5ftx10ft so very much need vectorized files. 

How can I do that without my illustrator

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop, at its core, is raster and you will not be able to do what you are asking with Photoshop.

Here are current plans:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

If you don't want to use Illustrator, then you will need to find another application that works in vectors. CorelDRAW comes to mind, and I am sure there are others.

Photoshop CS6 is no longer available for purchase. Are you saying you just bought it?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: Photoshop CS6 has not been available for purchase for about 5 years, perhaps you bought pirated software! 

2: Photoshop is a raster application with very limited vector support. You are going to need Illustrator.

Sorry to bring bad tidings

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup

ive hadcs6 for years just hated using a mouse on it

now with a tablet I am using it more

refuse to pay expensive rent on software

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some alternatives to Illustrator, both free and paid for

https://blog.appsumo.com/adobe-illustrator-alternative/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0