• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw filter editing in phtoshop 2021 won't let me go back to my previous edit

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the camera raw filter in photoshop 2021 to make changes to a photograph. When I click OK after editing the picture it brings me back to photoshop 2021.

Question: When I go back to re-edit that same photo in raw, how do I edit my previous changes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must convert layer or layers with photo to Smart Object layer before using Camera Raw filter. Save as PSD and double click on filter name (Camera Raw Filter in this case) if you want to edit it at any time.

camera raw filter edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Bojan, You are my hero. I had tried everything before except this trick. It
worked, Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression you're not clear on the difference between the camera raw plugin, used for raw files, and the camera raw filter, used on RGB files in Photoshop. They are not the same thing.

The ACR filter "borrows" the ACR engine and interface, but other than that it acts like any other filter. Once committed, you can't edit it. The way to make it re-editable is as Bojan says, and this applies to all filters: turn it into a smart object first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines