• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw not opening correctly or at all (Open As) in CS6

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new copy of cs6 as I couldn't find my old one, and camera raw wont work in this version. 

I go to Open As and I pick photoshop raw, and it asks me for dimentions and resolution info....

I think I used to have a choice of "Raw" and "Photoshop Raw". I now only get the latter and never got that dialog before. 

I looked in the directory and the plugin was there. Maybe it's damaged?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw is most likely what you want, not Photoshop Raw, which doesn't have anything to do with modern camera raw files.

So all you really need to do is go to File>Open and point to your file(s) from your camera and

the Camera Raw dialog should open.

It's possible that photoshop won't open your camera files becuase the camera raw plugin needs to be updated to 9.1.1.

In photoshop cs6 try Help>Updates and see if that works to get camera raw 9.1.1 and other relevant cs6 updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Raw is not Adobe Camera Raw. If you have a camera raw file, Nikon for example, the extension would be .nef  Double clicking on that should open ACR, or browsing the file with Bridge, Ctrl or Cmd r on a Camera Raw thumbnail would open it. that command will also work to open jpegs and tiffs in Camera Raw.

A fresh install of CS6 would come with ACR 7.1 as the base install and you would need 9.1.1 as the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just opening a jpg.

I may try that. I do not have ACR 7.1 in any of the files, but in the installer, I see an Adobe Cam Raw 5.0 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore Photoshop Raw. What you want is Camera Raw. What type of files are you attempting to open? And, a new copy of CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's what I thought. I do not have Camera Raw as an option.

A jpg I think. I like the controls in raw better.

Yes. Bought on ebay. Copies are way hard to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've bought an illegitime pirate copy. Copies of CS6 are not "hard to find", they are no longer legally available anywhere, full stop. CS6 is almost ten years old. Anything you find now is fake!

We can't help you with pirated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines