Highlighted

RAW (Sony and Can) files takes FOREVER (over 2 mins) to open. Once open each click is the same!

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update I tried to open RAW files in PS 22 and ACR took over 2 minutes to open a file I had edited 30 minutes previously without issue. It then takes a further minute for the controls to enable. Each touch of the controls then take another minute to respond. Closing, even without changing the file, takes a further minute. As per previous problems with virtually every update in the last 2-3 years, I have disablesd the Graphics accelerator and ensured the graphics driver is up-to-date. Whilst waiting for ACR to respond I can do nothing else with my PC.

I also cannot close Photoshop - telling me "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I have to kill it with the Task Manager.

Windows 10  with all the latest updates installed.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RAW (Sony and Can) files takes FOREVER (over 2 mins) to open. Once open each click is the same!

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update I tried to open RAW files in PS 22 and ACR took over 2 minutes to open a file I had edited 30 minutes previously without issue. It then takes a further minute for the controls to enable. Each touch of the controls then take another minute to respond. Closing, even without changing the file, takes a further minute. As per previous problems with virtually every update in the last 2-3 years, I have disablesd the Graphics accelerator and ensured the graphics driver is up-to-date. Whilst waiting for ACR to respond I can do nothing else with my PC.

I also cannot close Photoshop - telling me "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I have to kill it with the Task Manager.

Windows 10  with all the latest updates installed.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slow ACR opening appears to have been caused by my AV software - Acronis, as Photoshop now sits in a new folder. Excluded the executable and ACR opens fine now, but I still get the same issue when trying to close PS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there isn't much need for third-party antivirus in Windows nowadays. They often do more harm than good. The built-in Windows Security is as good as any of the third party solutions, and judging by the update rate (often just hours apart), they have a pretty tight ship running there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1