• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: A letter to our Photoshop Community

Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The letter says Adobe is dropping support for CS6 in Catalina, but in reality Adobe has no choice. Apple made the decision to drop support for 32bit applications and I see no way Adobe could support that. CS6 is now a legacy application. I’ve got other professional 32 bit apps that cannot or will not ever be upgraded to 64 bit, and for that reason will not upgrade some of my macs to Catalina. 

This article might Help: https://www.pcmag.com/article/371267/how-to-run-32-bit-apps-in-macos-catalina

This article as well reiterates that this is an Apple decision to kill 32 bit support, a decision that Microsoft did not make, and it outlines the headaches this has caused for Adobe. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2019/10/10/apple-macos-catalina-update-broken-32bit-mac-imac...

Indeed, Apple has over the years really stuck it to Adobe and its users, messing with folder icons and icon support and previews and leaving Photoshop users angry with Adobe and both companies pointing fingers at each other, but it does appear that Apple is to blame for these and other Adobe/Apple compatibility issues. And this 32 bit issue is the same. Even if Adobe had the good will to support legacy users who refuse to join the subscription model, its hands are tied by Apple, who has broken a number of things that appear to benefit its own subscription and service models more than users needs and wants. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?