• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe® Color Printer Utility to print your targets without color management

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble positioning a file on the page in Adobe Printer Utility.  When I set it up in Photoshop it shows it in the upper right corner but when I print from the utility, it prints in the middle of page halfway down.

Thanks.

Sherry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum. From LrC to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled by your description of your issue.

You mention "setting it up in Photoshop" but the Adobe Color Print Utility is separate from Photoshop. It has one purpose only and that is to print color targets with no color management so they can be read with a spectrophotometer and ICC profiles produced. So there is nothing to set up in Photoshop. You select the paper size and margins in ACPU under Print Set Up before printing

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, when I say set up in photoshop I mean that I position the image on the canvas there.  So, if I'm printing an image that is 3x5, I would position it to be printed in the upper left-hand corner of the 8.5x11 canvas (page).  This file is exported as a tiff and opened in Adobe Printer Utility for printing and prints in the middle of the 8.5 x 11 sheet.   I do print set up in Adobe Printer Utility to print on a 8.5 x 11 page (which is the size of the page) and it still prints in the middle.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe printer utility is not for printing things you made in Photoshop.  To repeat "It has one purpose only and that is to print color targets with no color management so they can be read with a spectrophotometer and ICC profiles produced. "

To print things you made in Photoshop, print FROM Photoshop, job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

to repeat,

the ACPU is NOT for printing images made in Photoshop. 

If you want to print an image and use Photoshop options it should be printed from Photoshop

OR

Is there a reason you wish to print thus image without colour management?

ARE you actually printing a colour management printer analysis (profiling) target?

That is the ONLY intended purpose for the ACPU.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines