• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: I used to love Adobe, now I hate it

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written about this many times and I just am sick to death of the rubbish that Adobe put out now. There are bugs in their software that require workarounds to complete simple tasks. Photoshop inexplicably will not open files over the network the first time I try (due to a "disk error") but then the second time they open. It adds about an hour to my day. Adobe says, copy the files down to your computer and then copy them back when you're finished. That sucks so badly because for one thing, it has worked for the past thirty years and secondly it still works now but with a stupid error message in the middle. I hate Adobe so much - they add bloat after bloat after bloat to their software and it's so slooooowwww compared to similar software. My message to Adobe is stop adding the bloat, fix the bugs and work out how to build on what was great software - the interface changes are infuriating. They had great workflows with the keyboard shortcuts and the pen tool but that's gone now. It has become harder to use rather than easier because some workflows have been removed - probably because they're catering for people who don't know what they're doing rather than the people who have been using it for thirty years. Anyway, it's overpriced crap really. You might ask "Why do you still use it?". It's because clients require files in their format - but I will convince them eventually to drop this rubbish road that Adobe have put us on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you are using latest version of Adobe then you need a new computer with atleast with core i7 with minimum 7th gen processor....regards

Otherwise wait for stable new version revert back to 2020 versions.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"....if you are using latest version of Adobe then you need a new computer with atleast with core i7 with minimum 7th gen processor......"

Not true.

Photoshop v22.1 runs smoothly and quickly here on a 3rd generation i7-3930K albeit with plenty of RAM (64GB), scratch disk space (over 1TB) and a recent GPU (Nvidia2080ti) although the latter was installed for Blender rendering not Photoshop.

I will be building a new PC soon but not driven by the need to address any Photoshop issues.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave sir your gpu and ram is alot so it is working haha same thing gets a new computer....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 works fine for me.  I haven't upgraded to the latest because my aging workstation doesn't have sufficient GPU.  But that's not Adobe's fault.  That's an equipment issue on my end.

System requirements:
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

And pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines