• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Photoshop 2012

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a NVIDIA GPU also and PS 2021 keeps dumping it. When I uninstall and reinstall it, it works for a while. But the next time I open it, it doesnt recognize the GPU again and says the problem is with my display driver. That driver is the most up to date for Windows. I upgraded to thge newest version of windows recently and thats when the problem started. I cant find an alt driver for the display driver. All my hardware shows working properly. I cant use the scrubby zoom feature.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific NVIDIA graphics card do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeForce RTX 2070 with MaxQ Design driver version 462.31

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - if I uninstall the latest version of PS, and reinstall, the first use detects the display driver, but a couple hrs later or if I turn my computer off, the next use it won't detect the GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The requirements have increased for the newer versions of Photoshop. It could be that your graphics card does not meet this requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's what's happening:

1. If I uninstall and then reinstall PS2021, the GPU is detected, but only on initial use. After that, it doesn't detect the GPU.

2. If I run PS2021 normally and the GPU isn't detected, I "reset all preferences" and exit, and when I reopen PS2021 it detects the GPU, but only until I close the program again. Upon reopening, it doesn't redetect the GPU.

3. I've changed the program's graphics prefs to use the NVIDIA card only. No difference.

4. I added both PS2021 and Sniffer.exe to the graphics card uses. No difference.

5. The NVIDIA GeForce GXT2070 with Max Q is one of the more minimal cards supported, but it is supported.

6. I've followed every troubleshooting process in all the links you sent. No difference.

7. For some reason - PS2021 can and does detect my graphics card, but only for a single use of the program, then won't recognize it again without a preference reset. This has never been an issue before the latest version of PS.

I've come to the conclusion that it is a Photoshop problem with not redetecting the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for so many replies.

Anyway, I uninstalled the latest version of PS2021 and reinstalled the prev version, 22.3.0, and that cured the problem. I have my GPU use back every time I open it. Obviously there is a problem with the code in the newer version that wont recognize the GPU each use.

I just can't upgrade unless the bug is fixed. That's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or the latest PS outmodes your graphics card - if it is at the minimal threshold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines