• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: PSD textbox vertical text alignment

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure can I reply to an old question but here is my example.

I am using Data sets from excel with text of variable lenght. I want it to be in the bottom right corner. 

If the text is too short it stays in the middle (the top of the text box) if the text is too long it gets chopped out. 

If there was align to the bottom it would not matter how long text is in data set because I would make a paragraph box over the entire image and the text will fit. 

I can not use batch export because text is just not fitting properly. 

All easily solved if I could align the text to the bottom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert screenshots instead of attaching them. 

insertPhotos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marinapomorac_0-1617641055723.png

Problem is solved by @JJMack :

Marinapomorac_1-1617641086504.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for mentioning that the issue has been resolved! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it has not been resolved per se, this is just an alternative workaround solution.

It would be best if Adobe implements vertical alignment inside the program itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not oriented towards page layout and subsquently its Type options are somewhat limited. 

Have you considered using Indesign for the task? 

You could post a Feature Request over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Excel file with 500 rows and two-five columns with text that has to be converted into photos with each photo containing the text from 5 columns (1 row) and a unique photo.

I have set a PSD file with 7 layers  - 5 Text 1-5 placement Paragraph boxes and 2 image layers.

I created .text file from Excel and created 2 folders with 500 images.

I set data sets in PSD and run it. I get 500 PSD files.

Then I run Image processing on the folder to get JPG or PNG. 

What @JJMack showed only works on one paragraph because the script can be applied only on top layer paragraph text, not all text layers.

I wish someone from the Photoshop team could explain what is the big issue in having vertical text allignment.

And is the above image processing possible in Indesign?

It is already posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What actual image processing did you apply?

Indesign allows for importing excel data, can create multi-page documents, povides more involved type options and can export jpg and png. 

Maybe you should ask over on the Indesign Forum for advice on how hard/easy your workflow could be recreated in Indesign. 

»I wish someone from the Photoshop team could explain what is the big issue in having vertical text allignment.«

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

As Photoshop is image editing software its type features do, in my opinion, not need to match those of  actual page layout applications like Indesign.

And the Photoshop team has, despite Photoshop being Adobe’s »flagship« application, limited resources, so decisions have to be made on what to spend them. (edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines