• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re texture 3d model texture with photogrammetry with photos at a higher resolution?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I created a 3d model with photogrammetry (create a 3d model based on multiple shots of the same object) and I got the texture extracted from the photos but at a lower resolution that the one I need. I don't have access to the original project in order to project the textures again at higher resolution but I do have some textures shot with the same camera at the same day. I was wondering if there is a simple way in Photoshop to automate a texture replacement. I mean a way to make Photoshop analyse the texture at a low res and use the high res textures of the same element to reolace that texture at a higher resolution. I can try to do it by hand but since the images have been undistorted and reprojected it ain't an easy task since it is a stone facade and I would have to adapt every single rock by distorting and liquifying so I would love to find a way to get the new photos automatically fit to the original resolution.

Is that possible please,Does it makes sense to anybody? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. PS doesn't even have basic UV tools, so how would you even transpose that info from one image to the other? You're looking in the wrong place. If this is a frequent requirement you need to move on to greener pastures and use a proper 3D painting tool like Mari. Otherwise indeed you will have to futz it with what you have in PS.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium,

Thanks for your reply. I think I didn't explain well or you misunderstood my question sorry. 

What I am asking is if there is a way to detect the warp transformations in a 2d (flat) texture and replicate them in the same texture but at a higher resolution. Precisely what I want to avoid is the 3d tedious process. 

When photogrammetry textures an object basically it warps photos onto a flat (unwrapped) surface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you would have to warp each part in 2D manually and that would probably take longer than the 3D "tedious process"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello davescm, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I was just wondering this because they could do this in the last Film studio where I worked in London and I wonder if that was a script they made or if there is a way to use automate tools in Photoshop to do it,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines