Reactivation of photoshop cs3 in windows 10

Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to re activate photoshop cs3 for 3 days following a windows 10 update. what ever i do the reactivate prompt reappears . I have unistalled the existing files, downloaded the special installer and run it ten times but there is no change. I can not find a telephone number to get help from Adobe which is shocking: all the website elements just circle round endlessly to other parts of the website.

mmmm very strange as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache is an essential folder.

Is your operating system on the C:\ volume, if it is not -and it does not have to be- then the path to look on is

x:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

where x is the volume Windows 10 is on.  What I would suggest is searching the entire computer for cache.db and seeing if you can find it that way. Cache.db contains the previous version serial number and while it remains on the computer you will not be asked for the new serial. I'm afraid phoning Adobe will do you no good as support on CS3 products has now ended-all they will do is refer you here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reactivation of photoshop cs3 in windows 10

Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to re activate photoshop cs3 for 3 days following a windows 10 update. what ever i do the reactivate prompt reappears . I have unistalled the existing files, downloaded the special installer and run it ten times but there is no change. I can not find a telephone number to get help from Adobe which is shocking: all the website elements just circle round endlessly to other parts of the website.

mmmm very strange as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache is an essential folder.

Is your operating system on the C:\ volume, if it is not -and it does not have to be- then the path to look on is

where x is the volume Windows 10 is on.  What I would suggest is searching the entire computer for cache.db and seeing if you can find it that way. Cache.db contains the previous version serial number and while it remains on the computer you will not be asked for the new serial. I'm afraid phoning Adobe will do you no good as support on CS3 products has now ended-all they will do is refer you here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue has been reported in the French forum: Bonjour, J'ai exactement le même problème: Suite à la mise à jour Windows 10 illustrator CS3 déjà ...

It looks like a Windows 10 issue…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the new serial number that comes with the new installer? If so try this go to

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache'

see if there is a file there called cache.db and if so delete it. Now start Photoshop CS3 and with any luck you'll be prompted to enter the new serial number. Opt to never register, close Photoshop, restart the computer and fire up Photoshop CS3 there's a good chance it will now work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 1
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer does not ask for the serial number

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete cache.db? You will only be asked for the serial after the new version of CS3 is installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 1
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

removing the cache file enables to enter the new serial number. However as the CS3 license servers are no more available, it is impossible to record.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True the activation server is shut down, but Adobe has produced a version that does not require activation. What you must do is download the new installer and you will be given a new serial number. There is no 'Activation' requirement with the new installer.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did and this installer did not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmm very strange as

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.
after deleting the cache, the installation works and ask for tne new serail number.
When i key in, the # is identified (green V) as correct but at the end i have the information " no connexion"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the file using the windows search and deleted the file as you suggested and the installation has worked! Thank you. I have opened cs3 which prompted for registration but this was not possible so I opted for “Never register”. CS3 is now working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's good. This is a very common problem, when Adobe produced the new installer they should have in my opinion had the installer delete cache.db but seem to have forgotten to do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after entering the serial opt to 'never register'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot it works

Luis

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad it worked Luis

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2017 0
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, Terri!

I just moved the newly-installed files to a new folder, pulled the original files from the old hard drive and pasted them in. PS opened without so much as a grumble!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 0
Gary5CE4 LATEST
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri:  I did delete the cache.db file but did not get Photoshop CS3 to work.  However, instead of opening and just hanging, this time with the cache.db deleted it did ask me to accept the user agreement.  I did so and then it did the same, just hanging.

Any more advice?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0