Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Real gold Effect

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im creating some mockups with jewelry for my portfolio and Im trying to make the gold wings on the bracelet more real....im using the gradient overlay but for some reason I still cant get it right...any suggestions? thank you.Screenshot (4).png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Gold, like any shiny metal, is about reflections so I used a curve adjustment layer set to luminosity to bring out a reflective look, then adjusted the colour with a Hue/Sat adjustment layer

2020-12-06_22-02-16.jpg

2020-12-06_22-02-31.jpg

ScreenshotAmended.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason it doesn't look right is that gold is metallic. It's mirror-reflecting its surroundings.

The color is a tad too greeninh in addition, but that's a moot point. You need to find a way to mimic the reflections. Look at other similar objects and try to imitate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gold, like any shiny metal, is about reflections so I used a curve adjustment layer set to luminosity to bring out a reflective look, then adjusted the colour with a Hue/Sat adjustment layer

2020-12-06_22-02-16.jpg

2020-12-06_22-02-31.jpg

ScreenshotAmended.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's more like it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! looks much better nowScreenshot (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines