Really Upset

Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i work on an image i have big problems! When your staff think about every stupid thing like pre-setting for the sky .. the "object" selection or "lazo" selection or normal selection work REALLY BAD!!!!!! IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF ON PHOTOSHOP AND DON'T WORK NEVER!!

Every time i need to manual select every piece because your incredible stupid algorithm don't work and can't be able to select black on white...BLACK ON WHITE .. B L A C K O N WHITE i can't believe it!!! 

Also is really upset than a manual selection automaticcaly close the selection when the program want and not when I WANT!!!! I must do a "manual selection" because every stupid new option don't work well .. explain why?!?! How many years exist photoshop?!?! REALLY SHAME ON YOU. .. REALLY REALLY REALLY SHAME

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Make It, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Really Upset

Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i work on an image i have big problems! When your staff think about every stupid thing like pre-setting for the sky .. the "object" selection or "lazo" selection or normal selection work REALLY BAD!!!!!! IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF ON PHOTOSHOP AND DON'T WORK NEVER!!

Every time i need to manual select every piece because your incredible stupid algorithm don't work and can't be able to select black on white...BLACK ON WHITE .. B L A C K O N WHITE i can't believe it!!! 

Also is really upset than a manual selection automaticcaly close the selection when the program want and not when I WANT!!!! I must do a "manual selection" because every stupid new option don't work well .. explain why?!?! How many years exist photoshop?!?! REALLY SHAME ON YOU. .. REALLY REALLY REALLY SHAME

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Make It, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

But even aside from that the tone of your post seems inappropriate. 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

As for 

»BLACK ON WHITE .. B L A C K O N WHITE«

Sky Replacement is not intended to select black or white but »skies«. 

»Also is really upset than a manual selection automaticcaly close the selection when the program want and not when I WANT!!!!«

What is that supposed to describe? 

If you want to have a meaningful discussion please post meaningful screenshots (including all pertinent Panels and Bars) to illusztate the issues you are having. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 3
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sky replacement can be done from a child.. and no i didn't mean using sky replacement for select black on white.. is really simple take a pic of a shoe and try to use auto object selection: don't work, missing details and part.. so every option to auto selection also DONT' WORK if you have a completely black thing on a whiote sheet.. every selection to be precise must be done manually and more than sometimes the program stop the selection work closing the selection by itself

As regard the tone, sorry but as every person i pay too much for a software that dodn't work properly in the main utilities and every week they update stupid thing that don't have impact on the work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»every selection to be precise must be done manually«

As Photoshop-users have been doing for decades.

The new Select > Subject may suffice for rough layouts or even work well for some specific cases but I don’t think Adobe promised »perfect selections without having to do some work«. 

Can you post some ecamples that give you unexpected results? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Alessandro, I see that you are quite upset, and it is understandable when thing don't work as expected.

That said, you are adressing other users here, but we could still help you before you try to reach Adobe directly.

We could only help you if you gave more information, as many parameters could influence what goes wrong or not.

Pleasepost the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc. Tell us as well, if you are on a PC, if you use a graphic tablet, which one it is, if you use wintab or windows ink.

Also, could you post a screenshot of each of the different problems, there might be a wrong setting somewhere, so make sure to have the layers panel, the option bar, the titlebar of the document. a video would be a good idea as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 2
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read your post twice and don't understand your issue. I've never had a selection process stop on me when the program wants to, rather than when I choose.

If you want help from other users on this forum (we are volunteers, we don't work for Adobe) please describe the exact steps you are taking , using screenshots to show what is happening and describe what you expected to happen.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall there was at least one thread about the (Polygonal) Lasso Tool unexpectedly closing Selections a while back, maybe it’s about such an issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe could you please post the link? i'm not really usual with this forum 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not the same issue i mean.. no problem on double click or closing .. the problem is meanwhile i choose the pieces to select the program close automatically the selection making a line that cross the selection

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i work on a selection, like cut out a shoes, sometimes in little details like the teeth of the soles the program close the perimeter of the manual selection pulling a casual line to close the selection.. my query is: can i disable this function and complete every selection manually at 100% without have the program that complete my selection before i want it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A double click closes the polygonal selection, so you may need to adjust the timing of what is seen as a separate click and what is a double click in your mouse/operating system, so that it works for you.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 2
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no clicking.. i wrote: the program close by itself the selection, i didn't click nothing either no one click .. i'm still pulling lines

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i'm still pulling lines"

With a mouse or pen and tablet?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where you've said which tool you are using to make your selection. If it's the regular Lasso tool, then releasing the mouse will close the selection with a straight line. Is that what is happening?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"without have the program that complete my selection before i want it?"

After the selection is made, you can use the Shift key with any Selection tool to add to the Selection. Use the Option key (Alt on Windows) with any Selection tool to remove from a selection.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 2
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be helpful, and less frustrating, if the OP got some basic training in using Photoshop.

Linkedin Learning have terrific step-by-step online video tutorials and offer 30-days free access!

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/photoshop-2021-essential-training-the-basics?trk=learning-serp_lea...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 2