Receiving IO Error: General Photoshop error occured message when using Edit in Photoshop from LR

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to edit a photo in Photoshop (v22)from Lightroom Classic (v10) I am receiving IO Error.

IO Error: General Photoshop Error has occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. - <no additional information available>

When the error occurs the image does not load and I can not do anything in Photoshop including shutting the program down. I have to use task manager to close Photoshop.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Receiving IO Error: General Photoshop error occured message when using Edit in Photoshop from LR

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to edit a photo in Photoshop (v22)from Lightroom Classic (v10) I am receiving IO Error.

IO Error: General Photoshop Error has occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop. - <no additional information available>

When the error occurs the image does not load and I can not do anything in Photoshop including shutting the program down. I have to use task manager to close Photoshop.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will check my graphics hardware  however I am skeptical as I have no problems editing photos that I open from within Photoshop. The error only occurs when sending the file from Lightroom (with or without Lightroom edits) to Photoshop. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and only since v22, no issues prior to the latest release.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue and also only since v22. I have to restart my computer, not just the Adobe programs, before I can successfully take an image from Lightroom Classic (v10) into Photshop for editing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  Also the variations of tools disappears, the healing brush does not work, the sliders don't work.  I am not sure how to check on the graphics card.  My mac is a 2018 MacBook Pro with a Radeon Pro 560x4 GB Graphics.  Not sure if that is helpful information. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2021 0
van23 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a 2018 MacBook Pro with the same Radeon Pro 560 GPU.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 0