• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Apple Upgrade to macOS Catalina

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated my iMac to macOS Catalina, version 10.15.  Only had a few apps that needed help since most had already been upgraded to 64-bit.   Only two Adobe apps seems to need help - AAMLauncherUtil.app and Adobe Application Manager.app.  These apps were identified during the installation process of OS Catalina and the following error message appears when I try to manually open either of these apps.  "AAMLauncher needs to be updated."  or "Adobe Application Manager.app needs to be updated".  Everything however seems to work okay.  Should this be a concern for future updates from Adobe or will there be an update to correct.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Hi there,

The Adobe application manager is an old application responsible for the licensing and updates of the Adobe applications (like Creative suite) installed on the computer. These responsibilities are now handled by the Creative Cloud desktop application which has already been updated. If you are using the latest versions of the applications through a subscription, then you do not need to worry as the applications should work fine and do not use the application manager or the AAMLauncher.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The Adobe application manager is an old application responsible for the licensing and updates of the Adobe applications (like Creative suite) installed on the computer. These responsibilities are now handled by the Creative Cloud desktop application which has already been updated. If you are using the latest versions of the applications through a subscription, then you do not need to worry as the applications should work fine and do not use the application manager or the AAMLauncher.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt and informative reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I do NOT have a subscription and have not yet upgraded to Catalina? I don't like subscriptions, just outright purchases, and I don't use iCloud. I don't know if I should just stay with Mac Mojave or, if I upgrade to Catalina, what it will cost me to upgrade or buy the new applications that replace the old ones that won't work with Catalina. I'm not tech savvy, just confused. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Lightroom 6 and have upgraded to Catalina. How do I start Lightroom 6 without "summoning" the Application Manager? (When I use the Creative Cloud to do it, the AAM is still summoned.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines