• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recoloring object

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recolored this shirt and want to move it to a different artboard I'm working on.  When I "attach" the color to the shirt by making it a smart object, it makes the background that color too. (and moves the background with the shirt when I move the shirt around).  I am self taught and learn and I go so go easy on me in the comments 😉Screenshot (37).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Drag this layer into the group and create a clipping mask for the two adjustment layers by right clicking on them and selecting create clipping mask

2020-08-26 18_32_06-Re_ Recoloring object - Adobe Support Community - 11389464.png

2020-08-26 18_33_37-Window.png

2020-08-26 18_36_26-Untitled-1 @ 55% (Color Fill 1, RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Before you convert it to a smart object, disable the background layer

2020-08-26 17_45_20-Recoloring object - Adobe Support Community - 11389464.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your quick response! When I do that, it still attaches the new color to the background?

Screenshot (38).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag this layer into the group and create a clipping mask for the two adjustment layers by right clicking on them and selecting create clipping mask

2020-08-26 18_32_06-Re_ Recoloring object - Adobe Support Community - 11389464.png

2020-08-26 18_33_37-Window.png

2020-08-26 18_36_26-Untitled-1 @ 55% (Color Fill 1, RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHH THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate you taking the time to break everything down for me, thank you :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @flowerchild31  - I’m Caroline, a Product Marketing Manager at Adobe. 

I'm conducting some research on recoloring assets and think you'd provide some super valuable insights -  would you be interested in a brief interview? We'd also offer a gift card for your time! 

Hi @Tori30907758bol6 - I’m Caroline, a Product Marketing Manager at Adobe. 

I'm conducting some research on recoloring assets and think you'd provide some super valuable insights -  would you be interested in a brief interview? We'd also offer a gift card for your time! 

Let me know if you'd like to proceed and can send over a calendly link (or feel free to DM me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines