Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle Blue Outline On My Canvas

Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest PS | Big Sur 11.2

I have a PS document that I created with a 2500 x 2700 artboard. After shuffling some of the layers around and doing some minor edits, I suddenly noticed this rectangular blue line on the canvas. I can't select it with the Move tool, Path Selection, Direct Selection, can't hide it (CMD+H or CMD +;). I jumped back history states, but it's still there. I deleted the artboard, leaving just the layers and it's still there. I turned off all of my layers - still there. 

I did just discover that when I resized the widths of two vector rectangles, both selected and equal in width, via the Properties panel, I saw the blue outline.

What is this thing and how do I get rid of it?

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.11.32.png

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers [with the selected Layer visible], Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What happes if you deselect all Layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is another shot at 100%. It was too big to get it all in at this zoom, but it shows the top vector shape. I turned off all of the other layers (linked images, text). Because I was under a time constraint, I had to make a new document with the same settings and just copy everything over from the old one. In the process, I overwrote the old file with the blue outline and now I'm unable to recreate the issue. At least you can see the panels.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 14.21.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to me that may just have been the preview of the Path when the Shape Layer is selected. 

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 10.35.27.pngScreenshot 2021-02-27 at 10.35.13.pngScreenshot 2021-02-27 at 10.35.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View>Show> And uncheck "Guides"  - they might be just the blue guide lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. I didn't make any guides for this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View>Show>Layer Edges, and uncheck it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines