Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle Tool Size Setting

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.png

I am working with cm everytime. When I want to create new shapes, coming pixel sizes. I dont want this. I need to cm

How can I change every size to cm like illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the number and it will bring up a choice of scale.

Unfortunately I don't know how to make it stick - to avoid needing to right click each time.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer Dave,

But I already use this method,

How can it always stay in cm, I want to learn it.

You know, When do you change measurement unit in illustrator, change all them. I needed that tricks

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the ruler defaults:

Win: Edit  > Preferences> Units & Rulers

Mac: Photoshop > Preferences > Units & Rules

Select the Units options you want to use for the Rulers to sets a default measuring system for the Rulers as well as for measuring within the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work here. I am on Windows 10 and CC2015.5 and CS6 were the same.

My default rulers (set via preferences) are in inches (also just tried setting to cm to check if changing made a diffrence).

Whilst the small rich cursor box that appears whilst dragging the cursor is in inches, the dialogue box for the rectangle, which comes up when you click in the document still comes up in pixels first - no matter what the ruler preferences.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, I do have the same problem running Running PS CC 2019 on Mac Mojave.

Getting so tired of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone solved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm you are a champ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't make it default to cm either, but if you have to enter the value, it is not a lot work to add cm after the value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines