• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Brush Preview Vanished

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Control+Option (Alt) combo to control the size and hardness of my brush. Out of nowhere, I no longer get the red preview when adjusting the hardness or opacity. I've done a Reset Preferences On Quit, Reset All Tools, confirmed my Use Graphics Processor was checked, and confirmed my Brush Preview Color is selected to Red. I've Googled and Googled and have not found a solution. The only thing I haven't done is Uninstall-Reinstall Photoshop in fear of losing all my Actions I've created. 

Anyone got something for me on this? 

Thank You! Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 4.42.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-18 at 4.42.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-18 at 4.43.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Red Brush Preview using Control+Option (Alt) fixed on version 21.1.1

macOS Mojave (10.14.6) here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many have reported this it a new Adobe issue in Photoshop 2021.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Time for Adobe to get this fixed.

I've also been having issues with staying signed into CC. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dbrigleb I am sorry that I added the Adobe Account Access to my phone. I seem to always get the "Server Unavailable" error and have to go to another authenticator. If I could delete it, I would. I wonder if that has anything to do with your inability to stay signed in, just a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the exact same problem.  This anomoly appeared on the latest update of Photoshop 22.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PS all day ignoring the missing preview but with other issues as well. While in the middle of zooming in and out as well panning around the image, it just freezes. Not Photoshop. Just the ability to use any tools. I can still save the image and close Photoshop and reopen it and all is good. I also experienced Photoshop just crashing on me without saving any of the work.

This must be due to the update. I never experience weirdness of this nature with my machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am wondering about this. 10.15.7 and 22.0.1 Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I noticed that at 0% hardness, the (soft round) brush outline appears different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and it is really awkward to understand the shape of the brush. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. It's 100% an issue with the latest version, v22.0.1. I just uninstalled it, and installed v21.2.4 and its working again. To do this, simply open Creative Cloud, in your apps find Photoshop, click the "..." for "more actions", click "Other versions" and select an older version to install. Worked right away for me. Of course you'll lose the ability to use the new features like sky replacement, but if you're not using those features yet then you won't miss them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. When is it going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's been Acknowledged by Adobe, and is an issue facing many customers, so I would recommend to watch this discussion: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-no-red-preview-when-changing-brush-... as it is the kind of bug that is fixed during a dot release. But Adobe won't comment on upcoming updates. Check regularly on your Creative Cloud app if an update is avaialble...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has not been fixed with the latest update, v22.1. This is a major workflow issue that needs to be addressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely my opinion, onemangang: dispointment after installing latest update today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Brush not show red preview! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue since a latest update, and it's seriously driving me bonkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Red Brush Preview using Control+Option (Alt) fixed on version 21.1.1

macOS Mojave (10.14.6) here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines