Highlighted

Red brush tip preview via hold ALT not appearing anymore

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It used to be that I can hold ALT and drag for size and hardness and see the red brush tip preview. Now the red brush preview is not appearing, only the circle with a number display. I don't know when it stopped working because I was just using it a few days ago.

I can only speak for myself, but as an artist I rely more on visual cues than numbers. So the percentage and size display takes me out of my workflow a bit.

I cannot figure out how to get the red brush tip preview to appear because I still see the preview color selection in the cursor preferences menu. 

This has been an invaluable feature of the brush tool as well as every other tool like the eraser and clone stamp, etc., and not having it is a huge inconvenience. Can someone tell me how to restore it to appear again?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Red brush tip preview via hold ALT not appearing anymore

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It used to be that I can hold ALT and drag for size and hardness and see the red brush tip preview. Now the red brush preview is not appearing, only the circle with a number display. I don't know when it stopped working because I was just using it a few days ago.

I can only speak for myself, but as an artist I rely more on visual cues than numbers. So the percentage and size display takes me out of my workflow a bit.

I cannot figure out how to get the red brush tip preview to appear because I still see the preview color selection in the cursor preferences menu. 

This has been an invaluable feature of the brush tool as well as every other tool like the eraser and clone stamp, etc., and not having it is a huge inconvenience. Can someone tell me how to restore it to appear again?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I already tried the following:

- reset preferences

- update video card drivers

- turn use-gpu checkbox on and off again including quit and restart

- Turn Use OpenCL on and off again including quit and restart

- changed preview color

- rebooted computer

- Ran CCleaner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue in 22.0.1 it does not display . The problem has been reported to Adobe.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same, but noticed that it is very easy to downgrade to PS21.0 using the creative cloud app. After doing so, the red tip was back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0