• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red layers?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpgAccidentally hit something on my keyboard to get here and can't seem to fix it. Some Googling said it might be Quick Mask mode but when I press Q on my keyboard I get the message "Could not compelte the Exit Quick Mask command because of a program error". I have reset preferences, restarted computer and reinstalled PS and still can't seem to fix it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's Quick Mask, it will say so in your title bar and the Channels panel. Does it?

jane-e_0-1608328553328.png

If you assigned the layer to a color, it would only color the eyeball.

jane-e_1-1608328722824.png

Can you show a larger screen shot?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your response. Here is a larger screenshot, and it definitely looks like it's Quick Mask but when I press Q to disable it I get the error that it is unable to. Any ideas?

charlesjensen32_0-1608513525327.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you have verification that you are in Quick Mask. Open your History panel from the Window menu. By default, it should list your last 50 steps while the file has been open. It is cleared when the file is closed. If Quick Mask is listed, can you step back to just before you entered it?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines