• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red overlay on brushes is missing in 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the new Photoshop 2020 yesterday, and the red overlay on brushes didn't work. Spend a couple of hours with support - no luck.
Today I started Photoshop CC and the red overlay was there! Checked that I had EXACTLY same settings in both programs - still no luck in 2020 😞
Does anybody have the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Quick Mask with the Rubylith red effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences - Cursors - Painting Cursors - Normal Brush Tip. Alt - Right clik. Now you can se the red overlay. Rize the brush and the softness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.1 and we still keep on with no red overlay !!!!. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk of the red overlay, are you referring to when you paint a mask, the painted area turns red, or are you ref5to when you size the brush, the brush turns red to see whe size and feathering?  If the latter, you graphics card might not be detected by Photoshop due to a sniffer error - happens a lot with Intel cards. A low battery might cause this, among other reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - now. I have 2 screens, that use the same grafic card. Each version of Photoshop on both. Precerence excatly the same om both versions. No luck! Only works on CC 2019 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. When I install newest version of photoshop brush red color overlay is missing. uninstall newst version of photoshop then install previous version and  everything ok. I didnt understand why. Am I wrong some adjustment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The issue you have is more than likely with your GPU, Photoshop version 21.2 has rendered some older and not so old GPU's useless with this update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a 2019 mac book pro and it doesn't work for me. I would be pissed if Adobe decided not to support this GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I have tried to reset the preference as well but notthing, from the last update the red overlay from the brush is missing, and is very annoing. I am on 22.0.1, should I revert back to older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I have the exact same problem. Had to rollback to version 21.2.4. I've also tried reseting the preference with no results. Hopefully they can adress this problem in the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did the same for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi federico
had exactly the same problem. I uninstalled 22.0.1 and installed 22.0.0 again. Now it works again.
Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that's a bug in the 22.0.1 version.

There's an entry in the Photoshop bug forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/brush-preview-overlay-is-gone-in-photoshop-v2...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

MacOS 10.15.7 with Radeon RX 580 8 GB

A fix for this would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i switched from mac to windows to work properly with photoshop (in mac it was bugged and crashed everything in 20-30 minutes of work).

Today, in a fresh installed system, i miss the red overlay too...

Thanks photoshop and adobe professional team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on my iMac. Arg... I even waited for this update thinking the bugs would be worked out by now. A solution would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and it has not been fixed in 22.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me no red overlay in the recent version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here … the Brush Preview Overlay is gone ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of the 22.1.1 release (2021-01-12) the overlay is now showing up again. 

And the fix is noted in the Fixed issues list below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. Not for me. Maybe a setting has changed. How can I try to force the appearance of this brush preview overlay? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and operating system do you use?

Please try to reset your preferences. Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of the 22.1.1 release (2021-01-12) the overlay is now showing up again. 

And the fix is noted in the Fixed issues list below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines