Highlighted

Red overlay on brushes is missing in 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the new Photoshop 2020 yesterday, and the red overlay on brushes didn't work. Spend a couple of hours with support - no luck.
Today I started Photoshop CC and the red overlay was there! Checked that I had EXACTLY same settings in both programs - still no luck in 2020 😞
Does anybody have the same problem?
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Red overlay on brushes is missing in 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the new Photoshop 2020 yesterday, and the red overlay on brushes didn't work. Spend a couple of hours with support - no luck.
Today I started Photoshop CC and the red overlay was there! Checked that I had EXACTLY same settings in both programs - still no luck in 2020 😞
Does anybody have the same problem?
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2019 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Quick Mask with the Rubylith red effect?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences - Cursors - Painting Cursors - Normal Brush Tip. Alt - Right clik. Now you can se the red overlay. Rize the brush and the softness.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 0
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk of the red overlay, are you referring to when you paint a mask, the painted area turns red, or are you ref5to when you size the brush, the brush turns red to see whe size and feathering?  If the latter, you graphics card might not be detected by Photoshop due to a sniffer error - happens a lot with Intel cards. A low battery might cause this, among other reasons. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - now. I have 2 screens, that use the same grafic card. Each version of Photoshop on both. Precerence excatly the same om both versions. No luck! Only works on CC 2019 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. When I install newest version of photoshop brush red color overlay is missing. uninstall newst version of photoshop then install previous version and  everything ok. I didnt understand why. Am I wrong some adjustment 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The issue you have is more than likely with your GPU, Photoshop version 21.2 has rendered some older and not so old GPU's useless with this update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a 2019 mac book pro and it doesn't work for me. I would be pissed if Adobe decided not to support this GPU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I have tried to reset the preference as well but notthing, from the last update the red overlay from the brush is missing, and is very annoing. I am on 22.0.1, should I revert back to older version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I have the exact same problem. Had to rollback to version 21.2.4. I've also tried reseting the preference with no results. Hopefully they can adress this problem in the next version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did the same for now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi federico
had exactly the same problem. I uninstalled 22.0.1 and installed 22.0.0 again. Now it works again.
Greg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 1
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that's a bug in the 22.0.1 version.

There's an entry in the Photoshop bug forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/brush-preview-overlay-is-gone-in-photoshop-v2...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0