• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reduce size of tool windows

Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing on a laptop and sometime on my desktop, the tool windows are too large - most specifically for me the curves window. Is there a way to have a more compact size? On the laptop, unless my picture is very small, the window is overlayed on top of the image and on my desktop, I like to have the curves very near my image and it can sometimes be too large then too. In this case, I normally need to have the window off on another monitor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hi

If you are using Curves as an Adjustment Layer (best practice), then yes, the Properties panel can be resized. If you are getting Curves from the Image Menu (destructive editing), then it is not.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latests CC for PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried just hitting the Tab key to temporarily hide the panels until you need them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's while I'm using the window that it is overlayed on the image. The curves window takes up a lot of screen real estate on a laptop. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you are using Curves as an Adjustment Layer (best practice), then yes, the Properties panel can be resized. If you are getting Curves from the Image Menu (destructive editing), then it is not.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane-E.  I use both but when editing thousands of scans of family negatives to finally end up with jpeg files, it is destructive editing but careful with clipping. In the end in these cases we're delivering back jpegs so we can't send clients layered images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

If it works for you, you could use the Adjustment Layer so you can resize Properties, then Cmd+E to Merge Down.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines