Highlighted

Refine edge and smooth simply do not work at all

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MacPro 2019 with 96gigs of RAM. Since working with Photoshop in Catalina back in January I've noticed the refine edge tool and smoothing just doesn't work at all. By not working i mean you can't PREVIEW the result. If I mess around and click ok, things happen. But I'm wandering in the dark feeling it wout with the undo key. At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong or was unique to my circumstances (new computer, new OS) but I’ve subsequently found the exact same issue in other forums.  It’s a shame that such a great tool just doesn’t want to work any more (for people like me).

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Refine edge and smooth simply do not work at all

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MacPro 2019 with 96gigs of RAM. Since working with Photoshop in Catalina back in January I've noticed the refine edge tool and smoothing just doesn't work at all. By not working i mean you can't PREVIEW the result. If I mess around and click ok, things happen. But I'm wandering in the dark feeling it wout with the undo key. At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong or was unique to my circumstances (new computer, new OS) but I’ve subsequently found the exact same issue in other forums.  It’s a shame that such a great tool just doesn’t want to work any more (for people like me).

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I my select and refine edges work fine.

Whilst Holding down Shift+Cmd and Go, Selection> then Select and Mask to bring up the Refine Edges window. 

I am able to make live edits while the refine edges window is open.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 10.54.11.png

If the above is not working you may need to report a bug: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply...

Yes, I know how the window works.

I am talking about that window not working properly.

I've been using the window since they created it and it ain't workin' right for me.

There is no visual feedback ("preview") at all on my system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0