• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refine Edge Brush Not Working Properly-Photoshop 2020

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just going to skip to the issue I'm having. I know how to change a backgrown of an image. However, intead of using Lasso Tool to select the image, I use the Object Selection Tool. However, when it's time for me to refine my selection, the Find Edge Brush does not work properly. I've attached step by step images of what I'm doing, so that someone can help me figure this out.

Step One, Open the Image I want to use (image #1)

Step Two, Click on Select and Mask -(image 2)

Step Three, Click on Object Selection Tool, and select the image you want -(image 3)

Step Four, On the view selection, click on "On Black (A)" -(image 4)

Step Five, Click on Quick Selection Tool to select the images not captured in Step Three -(image 5)

Step Six, Click on Refine Edge Brush Tool to select areas in the image that you don't want in the background, but that doesn't work.  -(image 6)

Step Seven, press Ok when you're done with Step Six -(image 7)

As you can see here, the image selection is not perfect. I don't need to go into how I put the background I want into the image. That's self-explanatory. I just need to figure out how to select the image I want perfectly. I don't use Lasso because I can't seem to trace the image I want perfectly. therefore, the only tool I use is the Object Selection Tool. I don't even use the Quick Selection Tool because my selection is all over the place. Regardless of what I pick, the Refine Edge Brush should work perfectly, but it doesn't. What should I do? Can someone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! did I post it at the wrong thread? I'm sorry if I did that. Is there any way someone can help me with my question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Click on Refine Edge Brush Tool to select areas in the image that you don't want in the background"

No, that is not the use of refine edge.

Try this:

Work with the highest pixel size pictures you can (the attached images are very low in size)

Select first using select object

Then use quick selection tool to add/take away any areas missed (just press Alt to take away)

Only then use the refine edge brush on soft edges such as hair/wool or fur.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines