• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refine Edge Tool Issue in latest 2020 update (PHOTOSHOP DESKTOP)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having trouble with the refine edge tool since the latest update in Photoshop? I find it is deselecting more than it is actually finding. I keep having to use the brush and touch up the hair that it deleted. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the same issue, and it's getting super frustrating.  It was working, but not its chopping parts out.  I've reset my PS, and still nothing.  hopefully, it gets fixed soon. If you come up with a working solution please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have the same problem. I recently discovered that there are several steps BEFORE "refine edge" that you need to do particular for hair.  The easiest solution rather than explain it here, is have the photo that you'd like to experiment on open.  Go into the "HELP" menu and type in "REFINE EDGE".  From there, it will be interactive and you should be able to follow it better than from here.  It did a modest job of taken the background out and refining the hair, better and more naturally than I could do with just the eraser, so I'm ahead of the game here.  But I'd still like to refine it more, but it's too complicated.   I would kindly request Adobe consider implementing a) intuitive, easy-to-understand logical actions and b) user-friendly tools and c) label functions that do what they are labeled to do.   I assume "refine hair" means, when I click it, it will refine hair ("+" or "-" as the case may be.) Any "oh, but, first you need to do this, then you need to do that, and of course you have first done these 10 things..." is NOT a "refine hair" function!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines