Highlighted

Refine Edge tool removing image content with Photoshop 21.2

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop 21.2 and I was trying to practice the new remove background and select subject tools.

When I go to use the refine brush it starts taking things away.  I dont know if a setting is wrong or if its my computer.  Please help. I have a Mac desk top I've posted a screen shot .Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.35.22 PM.jpg

Topics

How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Refine Edge tool removing image content with Photoshop 21.2

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop 21.2 and I was trying to practice the new remove background and select subject tools.

When I go to use the refine brush it starts taking things away.  I dont know if a setting is wrong or if its my computer.  Please help. I have a Mac desk top I've posted a screen shot .Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.35.22 PM.jpg

Topics

How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that the Refine Edge and Select & mask tool is not working correctly in Photoshop 21.2 as refining the edges is removing the image content. 

It seems that a setting in the Refine Edge tool is not set correctly. To ensure that the Refine edge is causing the issue, just before clicking on Refine edge, it can be useful to enter Quick mask for a quick visual indication of how well you have done with Quick Select.

Checkout this article to know more about Select and Mask workflow: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/select-mask.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines